This is the second time I've made this pattern (first time was in a ponte) and I'm really happy with this version. I made a couple of fit changes and also made this one unlined.
The jacket looks slightly too tight in these photos. I wanted it to be very fitted as I'll most likely wear it open all the time (of course I forgot to get pics of my wearing it open, d'oh!) The sleeves are full length too, but I like them rolled up more.
There were a couple of fitting issues last time - mainly the excess near my arms/upper bust. I'm happy to say this was fixed by taking out excess length above the bust which also helped the lapels to sit smoother
I added an extra button which makes the front look more balanced.
The fabric is from Lincraft - its a thin stretch denim. I got it at the last sale and thought about making pants with it but its too thin and I'm glad I held off because its an awesome jacket material.
- View C
- Size 18 with a C-cup
- 1" FBA
- 1" upper arm adjustment
- Added 1" to sleeve cap length
- Removed 1/2" length above bust
- 1/2" swayback adjustment
- Added a centre back seam
- Added 1/2" to side seams because this fabric wasn't as stretchy as the ponte
- Added width to the forearms so I can roll up the sleeves
I do have some bunching behind my neck so I'll be taking out a wedge next time and I've added some length to the body and sleeves.