How do I manage to turn a very simple knit dress pattern into a fitting saga?! This is version 4, I'm pretty happy with it, still need to tweak slightly but at least its wearable.
Final version adjustments:
- Size 4 through the shoulders, graded out to size 8 at the underarm/waist/hips.
- 1" FBA eased into the side seam.
- Changed the shape of the armhole.
- Narrow shoulder adjustment 0.5"
- Dropped armholes 1"
- Lengthened the skirt by 2"
- Petited the bodice by 2"
Muslin 1: was a straight sz8, it was too big through the shoulders so I cut it back to a sz 4 through the shoulders. (didn't get a pic of muslin 1).
Fabric is from the clearance table to Spotlight, the print is massively off grain, don't look too much or it will do your head in! I cut it on grain, I don't think the skewed print is too noticeable unless you really look at the waistline seam or the hem and at least it hangs properly.
I added pockets, they are only basic patch ones. I had grand ideas of topstitched inseam ones but by the end I was a bit over it!