Sunday, February 5, 2012

Simplicity 2369 Blackberry top




I loved the last wrap top so much I made this one straight away.
Same adjustments as last time (sz 22 with a 1" FBA) but this knit was a bit more stretchier so I had to take in the back seam and side seams by about 3/4" each.
The fabric is a wool/viscose blend, its thinner than the last version but after wearing the teal one to work on a warmish day I wanted something that could breath. Its a beautiful blackberry colour, nice deep purple.


I ran out of hem tape so the bottom hem is unfinished, but I don't think its noticable plus its a knit so its not like it will unravel on me.


It's such an easy top to wear and to dress up or down depending on what you wear with it.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely - I am definately going to get myself this pattern! Love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour. Knits are so forgiving aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - gorgeous colour and it looks like it would be an easy garment to pick when dressing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete