Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Restyle week: McCalls 6350 vs. Colette Eclair


I started making this dress a few months ago, I began by making McCalls 6350, but couldn't manage to get the bodice to fit correctly, so I used the Eclair bodice. I did it as a strapless dress originally but then the bodice was too big, so added elastic to the back, but it still kept falling down. So I decided to add straps plus I wasn't that happy with my inside finish which meant unpicking everything, so it got stuck on my wadder pile.

To fix it, I unpicked the entire bodice and lining, added straps, did a lot better finish (the first time I just serged everything) by facing the invisible zipper properly and slip stitching the lining down.

Before;



After;






Patterns details: McCalls 6350 for the skirt and Colette Eclair for the bodice

Size: 20 for the skirt and 18 for the bodice.

Material used: Sateen for the main fabric and stretch satin for the lining and piping.

Will you make it again: No I don't think I will. One is enough.

It doesn't look like a massive change from before to after but at least its wearable now, and I do love that fabric!

1 comment:

  1. Suzy bee can sew allright! Woow love the dress awsome! Great back job too you rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete