Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fabric Finds

I found a box of fabric at the market this weekend and when I asked how much she said I could have it for free! I think I asked her about 5 times if she was sure :D





Its got some old quilting cotton that will be going to the local op shop, but it has a couple of nice pieces of stretch denim. I've been wanting to have a go at flat felled seams so I might use the darker denim to make my son a pair of shorts with felled seams




A pretty piece of cotton



A decent sized piece of what is probably a polyester blend? I've been eyeing off a dress that Dita Von Teese wore and I think this will make a nice copy (the fabric is darker in real life - closer to a deep royal blue like what Dita is wearing)



(source)





A couple of pieces of a cotton herringbone pattern


All in all what a great score!

No comments:

Post a Comment